If you’re into classic and/or exotic cars – or even if you’re into cars of all kinds – then you’re bound to know about McCormick’s Classic & Exotic Car Show and Auction held twice a year in Palm Springs, California.
And if you don’t know, you should. You’ve been missing out.
Hundreds of beautiful, gleaming autos are on display – sports cars, classics, antiques, and even special interest vehicles. And over the course of each 3-day event, scores will be sold through the Auction block.
The next event, Auction 53, will be at the Palm Springs Spa Hotel & Casino from November 16th to 18th, 2012. There will be parties and auctions all day and into the night. You’ll find classic Ferraris, Rolls Royces, and Cadillacs, among others, as well as muscle cars like Mustangs and Pontiac GTOs.
In the early 1980s, British entrepreneur Keith McCormick realized a long-held dream and moved his family to Palm Springs from his native United Kingdom. From there, he relentlessly devoted his time to his family and his cars, hosting his initial Palm Springs exotic car auction in 1985. Because of his tireless dedication, the Palm Springs Exotic Car auctions have become world-famous events and a steadfast local tradition held twice a year – in November and February.
Auction 53 Information
The following is basic auction information:
- Friday admission is free
- Saturday & Sunday are $15.00 each or $25.00 for both days
- Vehicle entry fees:
- Friday Lot Nbrs: $300
- Saturday Lot Nbrs: $300 or $400 for Prime Time (11:30a – 2:30p)
- Sunday Lot Nbrs: $300 or $400 for Prime Time (11:30a – 2:30p)
- Regular Bidder Fee $30
- VIP Bidder Fee $100
- VIP Bidder card is valid for two (2) consecutive events. It includes photo ID card/lanyard, admission tickets for two people, free food Friday for two people, and VIP red carpet seating up front.
November 2012 Schedule of Events
- Thursday, November 17th
- 8:00-6:00: Vehicle check-in, especially for Friday cars
- Friday, November 16th (free admission)
- 2:00 – 3:00: check-in and free champagne happy hour
- 3:00 sharp: 120 cars crossing the block (until 8:30pm)
- Saturday, November 17th
- 8:00: Gates open
- 10:00: First car crosses the block (225 cars will run – until 7pm)
- Sunday, November 18th
- 8:00: Gates open
- 9:00-10:00: Free Bloody Marys and Mimosas for all bidders and cosignors
- 10:00: First car crosses the block (175 cars will run – until 5pm)
Featured Auction Cars
- 2011 Audi R8 MT6 Spyder
- 1976 Lincoln Mark V
- 1953 Jaguar XK120 Roadster
- 1966 Volkswagen 21-Window Microbus
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 1949 Chevrolet 5-Window Pickup
- 1952 Studebaker Starlight
- 1972 Plymouth Cuda
- 2010 Shelby Cobra Replica
- 1962 Austin Healy 3000
- 1953 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon
- 1981 Delorean Time Machine
- 1963 Porsche 356B Coupe
- 1969 Mercedes Benz 280 SE
If you don’t see a car above that you favor, don’t worry – there are plenty of other cars up for auction, including a 1965 Ford Mustang, a 1975 and a 1979 Chevrolet Corvette, a 1982 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit, a 1956 Ford Thunderbird, a 1978 custom Firetruck, a 1998 Ferrair 355 Spyder, a 1953 MG TD Roadster, and more. Surely, there’s a car (maybe two) for you, if not to buy, then at least to see and enjoy.